Sappy

Posted on Sunday, May 03, 2009 by Alex R. Cronk-Young



So, this is going to be extremely sappy. It might be because I've been up all night, but I feel like saying it.

Since high school, I've had no clue at all what I want to do with my life. I've gone back and forth trying to decide what degree I should be working toward and what career I should pursue. Luckily though, I found the woman I love very early. She was always very set on children. When this subject came up, I was always scared beyond belief. I knew I would want children, but I still had no idea what I was going to do with my life.

Now however, it's fairly obvious to me. I want to be a father first and foremost. Emmy has changed my life. Watching her play, and laugh and ramble in seemingly another language. When I get home after work and she sees me, and throws down whatever she was doing and runs across the room to me. When shes climbing up the stairs and stopping every few steps to make sure I'm still behind her, or holding my hand as we walk.

It doesn't really matter anymore what I want to do with my career, because I know what my life really is. My career is just simply a way to pay for that. I could do the worst job in the entire world and coming home to my children will make it all worth while.

No Response to "Sappy"

Leave A Reply