Things Emmy Says, Part 4

Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 by Alex R. Cronk-Young




She walked up to me with her motorized Thomas train and said it wasn't working well. I looked and there was hair or a string or something wrapped around the wheel, so I told her I'd warned her about using it on the carpet and I wasn't going to fix it right now. She came back awhile later and told me she had fixed it. She had taped over all of the wheels.

"Now the hair has tape over it! It's fixed!"



She wanted cocoa and Zoe told her she didn't know because her cousins were going to be over soon.

Emmy: "Well hurry, we're wasting time!"



That JG Wentworth commercial came on where people yell "It's my money and I need it now!" about a billion times. Emmy watched it quietly, and after it was over turned to me and said, "It's their money and they want it now." very matter-of-factly.





Zoe and Emmy were getting ready to go to Cosco and she handed her a purple shirt with frog heads all over it.

Emmy: "If I wear my frog shirt, all the people at Cosco will know how very funny I am!"



She has interpreted sounding things out as merely saying the first letter a few times before saying the word. She'll say D-D-Daddy, E-E-Emmy, and more whenever she feels like "sounding things out."

Our cat, Jack, was sitting between a set of plastic bins and the bathroom counter and Em walked in and said "Jack's a g-g-genius!"



Zoe asked her if she wanted to watch Up, she said, "No, I think we should watch Pawn Stars."



Funny Names
Emmy calls things by weird names occasionally. Here are some of them.

She calls her trampoline her jumpolene despite frequent corrections. She's quite aware that it is supposed to be called a trampoline, she just doesn't seem to like that name much.

She calls two of the cats her "Lovey Doveys" and the other two cats her "Boops." I have no idea where she came up with those.


No Response to "Things Emmy Says, Part 4"

Leave A Reply