Becoming a Polar Bear

Posted on Friday, February 11, 2011 by Alex R. Cronk-Young


As a result of my broken-down car, I've been forced to drive my wife's seldom used vehicle for what will likely be several weeks. Fortunately, GM is paying to replace my transmission, but that sort of thing means they're going through the entire process with a fine-toothed comb. They don't just yank it out and put in a new one, they take it apart piece by piece to figure out if they can save money by fixing it, so it can be a long process.

Unfortunately, the first day I started driving her car I put the window down and I haven't been able to get it back up. That means I've been driving around in 20 degree weather with the driver window down for a couple days now, and will have to probably all next week.

The thing is, I've kind of gotten used to it. After 20 minutes or so, I adjust and don't have much of a problem. I've begun to think I could probably hang with those Polar Bear people that jump in lakes in the middle of winter. I'm sure it would take some getting used to, but I could probably handle it.

No Response to "Becoming a Polar Bear"

Leave A Reply