Love

Posted on Monday, February 14, 2011 by Alex R. Cronk-Young


When my friend called me, it was a Friday night, sometime around 7pm, and I had fallen asleep watching TV on the couch. Suffice it to say I didn't lead a very exciting life back in high school, and I still don't. But that night I met up with my friend, a girl he was friends with, and her friend; my future wife.

She was my first girlfriend, and has earned the title of being my only girlfriend, because after five years of dating, we married. And almost four years into our marriage, I know I'm not going anywhere, so long as she doesn't.

I've never had a lot of confidence in life, but since I was 16 years old she's been there to help me along. If it wasn't for her, I would probably be a gigantic loser on his parents couch, falling asleep to some crappy reality show.

This Valentine's Day wasn't exactly special. We both got each other cards, and I got her a Toblerone and Peanut Butter Twix (her two favorites), but otherwise we're dead broke, trying to pay back borrowed money from family to catch back up from the car apocalypse we just fended off. I could quote a thousand songs:

"Even though we ain't got money, I'm so in love with you honey."

"I'm sorry, I can't afford a Ferrari, but that don't mean I can't get you there."

But no matter what life throws at us, we'll pull through together. Because I know I sure as hell couldn't pull through by myself. If it wasn't for Zoe, I'd have no ambition. I live so that I can make her happy. I may not be able to afford a big Valentine's Day present for her, but that's not what's important. Love is important, and good lord, I love her immensely.

1 Response to "Love"

.
Brian Says....

Glad you're happily married, man. That seems to be less and less common in this day and age. And hopefully you won't have to deal with anymore of that car bs anytime soon.

Leave A Reply